Author Topic: wars not recording  (Read 2953 times)

Smoke

• Villager
    • View Profile
wars not recording
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:06:03 pm »
Hello, I have tried typing prize and /prize but to no avail, i can not get them to record at all. Does anyone know whats going on?

Skellington

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: wars not recording
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:29:09 pm »
Havent been working for me either, im also not able to see the guild results on the arena scoreboard, when I click on "guilds" it brings me to the homepage
May we march and grow strong!

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 08:27:30 am »
I just restarted all the war services and will hang around to see that fixed the problem.

Smoke

• Villager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 08:34:32 am »
Awesome. Thanks Steve.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 10:09:19 am »
I entered a war and it appears to be working now.

Please be aware that when three or less players enter the Arena, it's an automatic win for those players. However, this check has to be delayed to give everyone waiting at the gate enough time to enter the Arena, so that the Arena doesn't dish out a win just for getting in first. This delay was previously two minutes, just to make sure everyone got in. It seems that was too long a delay, so I have cut it right back to 15 seconds. If you don't get into the Arena within 15 seconds of the door opening and there are already 3 or less people in there, bad luck! Even if you're the only player in the Arena, if you didn't get in within 15 seconds, you don't get the win.

Going forward, I need to tweak this mechanism a bit. I could make it so no win is awarded until four or more players have entered. That gets rid of the automatic win mechanism and also doesn't hand out wins just for turning up. Let me know what you think!

Mad

• Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
    • My pro website
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 01:12:18 pm »
I entered a war and it appears to be working now.

Please be aware that when three or less players enter the Arena, it's an automatic win for those players. However, this check has to be delayed to give everyone waiting at the gate enough time to enter the Arena, so that the Arena doesn't dish out a win just for getting in first. This delay was previously two minutes, just to make sure everyone got in. It seems that was too long a delay, so I have cut it right back to 15 seconds. If you don't get into the Arena within 15 seconds of the door opening and there are already 3 or less people in there, bad luck! Even if you're the only player in the Arena, if you didn't get in within 15 seconds, you don't get the win.

Going forward, I need to tweak this mechanism a bit. I could make it so no win is awarded until four or more players have entered. That gets rid of the automatic win mechanism and also doesn't hand out wins just for turning up. Let me know what you think!
Thumb up!!
Don't believe the hype

Smoke

• Villager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 07:27:43 pm »
They are working again, Thank you Steve. I think the four player idea would be good if there were more people on, i think me in first place on the board will cause some people to come back so i dont get first...but either way ill be here..Thanks again. Oh one more thing, archery is not recording the highest stage reached I Dont know if you know about that yet or not.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 07:30:57 pm by Smoke »

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 09:52:47 pm »
Iíve had complaints about archery for a while, so i really need to investigate that one next. I had hoped my revent work on the back-end would have fixed it, but maybe not. Itís top of my Atulos to-do list.