Author Topic: Play on the forum, WIN a free Steam Game from Xtreme and The Inquisitors!  (Read 6609 times)

EarthWormJim

It's March and we need an event so we are making one for all the forum lurkers out there. For the month of March the guilds Xtreme and The Inquisitors are hosting a contest and if you participate in the thread you could win either a Steam game of your choice off of your wish list valued at $30 or less (you must be a steam friend for us to access your wishlist) or $30 to your paypal account (if you do not have a game you are interested in at the time)for first place. Rules below. Disclaimer: This contest is not being hosted by Atulos.com or it's owner/operators/ forum hosts/Steam or its affiliates etc. and they cannot be held liable.  Do not go and scream at Steve if you did not win, pm EarthWormJim for that. This is being done independently by EWJ and Miles.

We know gamers are a talented bunch, though a bit quiet from time to time.  So to get something on the forum boards for March we thought a little contest might be in order.  How about writing an poem. There are numerous options on the "register your guild here" thread to choose from and we will make some examples for you. You can use the same guild someone else used to make your unique poem and you do not in any way have to be or have been a member of the guild you use.  We aren't grammar teachers but we do want to get a laugh out of this. We know you are a clever bunch.  So, post in this thread your poem using ANY GUILD AS INSPIRATION  (you know I am all over "Hamster Wrath" but anyone can use any guild) during the month of March and THE FIRST WEEK OF APRIL WE WILL RUN A POLL TO LET YOU ALL PICK THE WINNERS.  We aren't prudes and if you guys run with this there is a good chance we may add smaller prizes for second and third place.  We want Atulos players to have a good time and work the forum. So please join us in this little independent contest for some fun and games. If for some reason the forum goes away you can still email your entries for an attempt at the prize to EWJ at principality@hotmail.com but please only use this if something happens to the forum or you need help posting your entry (for fear I will miss it in the junk folder).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:39:59 am by EarthWormJim »

EarthWormJim

An example to get you started:

Guild Name: Hamster Wrath

Harbinger of furry doom
Adora-cute in its fury
Master at grinding down its opponents
Spin the wheel of fate in the Arena
Think you stand a chance
Even the strong fall prey to its wrath
Run away from your furry nemesis

Wraithlike, a faint trace of your former glory
Rage at your loss
Atulos belongs forever more
To the
Hamster Wrath

Miles

For my example, I've chosen Red Hand and I'd like to dedicate it to Ambard:

Runs around the arena
Expects us to chase him
Doesn't swing at us

Headed by a great man
Ambard is the best
No one even comes close
Damn them, all the rest!

Aerith

• Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
In honour to the ancient members of AU - my mentors to whom I look up to.

An alliance arose ages ago.
Legends of Red Hands and Xtreme combined.
Lead to war by the Master's mind.

Overwhelming was the enemy.
Fearless the Master's great army.

Unholyness was brought to an end,
Slain by the legends' hand.
There won't be a future unless you leave the past behind.

Andy

• Villager
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.
Original GM of the Soldiers of Arphax [SA] - Andy[SA]

You can't take me back to the golden days of my past with Atulos Online. I've been a known member for years.

EarthWormJim

Would love to see you fly SAs colors on here and in the arena again.

Andy

• Villager
    • View Profile
I don't own Atulos Online sadly my PC was infected with a virus and I lost my premium.
Original GM of the Soldiers of Arphax [SA] - Andy[SA]

You can't take me back to the golden days of my past with Atulos Online. I've been a known member for years.

Carnage

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
Watch me run
Here I come
Iron sword in hand
Turn and Flee
Envy me ...Greatest in the Land

Keen to spar
Near and Far
Intestines will go flying
Gore and Blood
Heads in mud
The enemy is left crying
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:20:40 pm by Carnage »

iRISHMAN

• Villager
    • View Profile
once long in the ago,there was a lone wolf who played all around the great world of Atulos striving to kill all the evil he found .
then he happened upon others who were of the same mind and lived the same way he had been ;Alone so he made a guild of these friends and in memory of who they once were named the guild lone-wolves , they worked well together but as all wolves of that nature who are not truly pack minded they went their separate ways ,i chief of the lot chose to remain wondering the lands and catacombs from time to time each visit to the always sacred places of a memory of good times and friends of old , missing the ones who aided his quest against evil , the All powerful ~A~ our dear friend Mini Mani  and Ed of the white knights long was our time together as comrades in arms,an  the hideous ~ Gob~ the lady of the Shrooms ,the ever child Doom,and the God of Atulos the all seeing ( CAMM ) though the ages are sweeping upon me now as time wages its war upon my body ,i still love to visit my favored world of friends and fond memories of my youth . so i say hail and pray all travelers upon this realm good water and shade while in the world the great Camm has made. and you never know when you will find the Irishman walking about.

Ambard

• Mercenary
  • Long Live Red Hands!
    • View Profile
    • www.ambardia.com
RED HAND

Red Hand Running.
Ending Badly.
Death is Burning.
Hope is Fading.
Around The Gate.
No Hope No Health.
Deaths Firm Grip I Have at Last!

AJ

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
The Inquisitors

They fight till the last breath
Headlined by a worm
Equals to the legends of Atulos

In it till they win it
Never giving up
Quicker then lightning
Untill the end
Insane are most of them
Soluta's the normal one
Instant death to most
They overwhelm there enemies
Off with their heads
Run mx run
Someone's gonna die
Mess with me and I'll wait for karma to do its job. Mess with my friends and I become karma

robotbeta05

• Villager
    • View Profile
The Inquisitors Poem for Contest:

NOTE: In the Google definition an Inquisitor is part of The Inquisition, a group who belonged to the Catholic church who tortured people based on heresy, so that is what I based my poem on. I do not believe in God or Christianity, nor do I believe The Inquisition was doing the right thing, in fact I believe the opposite. I also do not believe this is The Inquisitors are like this obviously. (Or are they? lol)  This is also a somewhat violent poem, so brace yourself before hand.

POEM

Feel the whip of punishment
for the direct heresy in opposition
to the teachings of faith

The Inquisitors will teach you
what you can,
and can not say

To repent your sin,
pain will flow through you
as each hit is struck upon you

--------------------------------------------

EWJ, please tell me the meaning of The Inquisitors!
--I am robotbeta05 online.

EarthWormJim

The guild is based on the idea of asking questions and seeking answers. You demonstrated your proficiency at this by researching and asking. I will give you the best answer I can think of.  The guild ideal that a player adopts whether it be helping new players, being honorable, or being number one on the boards is a personal choice and no catchy name can change or impact that.  While under the Robotbeta05 Inquisition I will confess to being very proud to be in TI based on the two poems listed showing the guild's espoused values. I claim it's fiendish and benevolent qualities in equal measure and accept the judgement as passed down by The Inquisition.

robotbeta05

• Villager
    • View Profile

The guild is based on the idea of asking questions and seeking answers. You demonstrated your proficiency at this by researching and asking. I will give you the best answer I can think of.  The guild ideal that a player adopts whether it be helping new players, being honorable, or being number one on the boards is a personal choice and no catchy name can change or impact that.  While under the Robotbeta05 Inquisition I will confess to being very proud to be in TI based on the two poems listed showing the guild's espoused values. I claim it's fiendish and benevolent qualities in equal measure and accept the judgement as passed down by The Inquisition.

Thank you, I wanted to make sure that the meaning I found was at least somewhat right for the poem.
--I am robotbeta05 online.

EarthWormJim

Still lots of time to sing the praises of these other unused guilds!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 08:34:30 am »
Someone loved these guilds enough to create them at one time. Let's not leave them orphans. 

-Xtreme
-Mountain
-Eternal Guardians
-Seraphic Legion
-PhoenixFire
-Draco
-Wisdom   
-Fire Bender Soldiers
-Vampiric Legion
-CloneRangers
-Soldiers of Arphax
-Scruffy Nerf Herders