Author Topic: Arena Wars not terminating properly  (Read 1911 times)

Aerith

• Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Arena Wars not terminating properly
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:17 pm »
Once more I have witnessed an arena war that was not terminating properly after only 3 active players remained inside.

At the end of the war, there was a shadow of jgi2705 still being displayed after he was defeated.
Only his name showed up on mouse over. However, despite seeing his dying move, the war server was still considering him alive inside the arena. Thus the war was not terminating as Miles, Mace and myself remained.

In my eyes, the server should be able to handle all kind of expectable or observable situations properly and not allow long dead players blocking the arena server to register the winners properly.

On the one hand, I would like to ask all the other players to witness similar cases to report them here to get an idea on how frequent this happens.

On the other hand, I would like to know wether there is a practicable solution to this problem? Like enabling GMs to get rid of broken arena connections or the server to autodetect faulty connections that seem not to be responding properly.

Kindest Regards

Aerith
There won't be a future unless you leave the past behind.

Angelus

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Wars not terminating properly
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 01:55:37 pm »
I can say that it happens all the time when a certain player enters,
Simple solution would be to enable a kick option for GM's along with an update to a server that will detect if someone has gone "ghost" that it will reset them back to their most recent save point
If you are able to lay down without holding on.... then you are most likely sober :)