Atulos Online > Suggestions & Ideas

Chat & misc.

(1/1)

Jun:
Hello everyone, today I've found Atulos Online (through Steam) and played a few hours, I'm liking it a lot so far, but the chat feature could really use some improvement, a problem I noticed is that I couldn't write the question mark symbol (?) unless I kept the keys pressed (like spamming it). By default the chat is set on the current area, I don't really mind it but I highly recommend to add an automatic message that lets the player know about it when they log in. That's all.

Since I've made this thread I'll write this here, items both equipped and in inventory don't show the names when I mouse over them except the shield and sword, same for the HP bar that doesn't show any numbers (while the XP bar does). I don't know how relevant this is to the gameplay since I just started playing this game, still, I think it would be nice to see little details like these.

Aerith:
Hi Jun

About the chat features: you may be looking for one of the suggestsions I posted in this topic:
https://atulos.com/forum/index.php?topic=238.0.

I have a very similar issue with the question mark (?). At my end, it keeps clearing whatever I have already typed into the chat line. So far, I believed it was just on my end on my windows computer as it worked fine on an old version on Ubunut and everyone else was putting their question marks. May I ask about your keyboard and the language settings of your computer?
(You'll most likely find it under Start->Settings->Time/Language -> Region/Language or something similar according to your windows version). Maybe, it needs a little change in the character encoding and can be implemented in the next update?
Workaround: You can use Alt + 63  (Hold down Alt and type 63 on your num-pad) to get a question mark.

About the missing mouse-over tags: They don't really matter: Each slot apart from weapon/shield may only hold one specific item (e.g. there is just one type of potion that goes in the 4 slots to the right of the shield). Local items (keys in dungens, mushrooms in forest) make an exception going both into the 4 slots right to your weapon, but they can't be transported to another area. So there is not that much need to get tags written to every individual item in every individual slot.

Last about the HP bar: As far as I know, the internal number used for your health turns out to be ugly-looking if displayed. So if it would be displayed just as the XP bar, it would probably confuse players more than it would help. However, it might be a splendid Idea to display the percentage remaining of your health.

Thank you very much for the time to post your suggestions.

Kindest Regards

Aerith

Jun:

--- Quote from: Aerith on August 27, 2016, 07:04:28 pm ---
About the chat features: you may be looking for one of the suggestsions I posted in this topic:
https://atulos.com/forum/index.php?topic=238.0.
--- End quote ---

Hi Aerith, I noticed your thread only after submitting this, I should have posted about this issue there, sorry about that (I'll comment your suggestions directly in your thread).

--- Quote ---I have a very similar issue with the question mark (?). At my end, it keeps clearing whatever I have already typed into the chat line. So far, I believed it was just on my end on my windows computer as it worked fine on an old version on Ubunut and everyone else was putting their question marks. May I ask about your keyboard and the language settings of your computer?
(You'll most likely find it under Start->Settings->Time/Language -> Region/Language or something similar according to your windows version). Maybe, it needs a little change in the character encoding and can be implemented in the next update?
Workaround: You can use Alt + 63  (Hold down Alt and type 63 on your num-pad) to get a question mark.
--- End quote ---

I'm using windows too (seven) with language settings in english (format settings and keyboard settings), but the OS was native italian and I changed the location settings to japan in order to play some other games that cannot be played otherwise, my keyboard is CM Storm Devastator set. I'll keep in mind to use Alt + 63, it really helps.

--- Quote ---About the missing mouse-over tags: They don't really matter: Each slot apart from weapon/shield may only hold one specific item (e.g. there is just one type of potion that goes in the 4 slots to the right of the shield). Local items (keys in dungens, mushrooms in forest) make an exception going both into the 4 slots right to your weapon, but they can't be transported to another area. So there is not that much need to get tags written to every individual item in every individual slot.
--- End quote ---

Well, mostly from an immersion-friendly PoV I thought it could make things more interesting, for example I was re-running a dungeon today and in the amulet chest I found an helmet this time, it appeared in the inventory on the right but I don't know if it adds any effect to the player since I wasn't paying attention to the stats when I opened the chest and I wasn't expecting to find an item other than gold in a chest that I had already cleared before, I couldn't even read the name of the helmet.

--- Quote ---Last about the HP bar: As far as I know, the internal number used for your health turns out to be ugly-looking if displayed. So if it would be displayed just as the XP bar, it would probably confuse players more than it would help. However, it might be a splendid Idea to display the percentage remaining of your health.
--- End quote ---

I see the player level cap is pretty crazy so I think I understand the issue with the numbers getting too large, a solution could be rounding the numbers to display only few digits, for example [3157112 / 6780000] becomes [3157k / 6780k] and so on, but if this cannot be done then the percentage as you suggested can be an alternative solution too.

Aerith:
About your keyboard: Does it have an italian layout (Question mark in top row next to the 0 - QWERTY or QWERTZ?) or an English-Layout (Question mark in the bottom row next the the right shift)? (Or is it something completely different?) I have the feeling that there are some troubles handling some of the layouts.

About your helmet: It is the archery helmet, there are a total of 4 archery items going the 4 central slots in the bottom line to the right hand side. You'll need them and the premier version in order to compete in the archery challange.

About mouse-over text: I guess I get your point now. It is up to Steve to decide about the implementation. Over all, it has already been done for two slots, it should not be too hard to do it for the others as well.

Last about the HP bar: That would be a neat way too. Nobody needs more than 4 significant digits in a game.

Kindest Regards

Aerith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version