Author Topic: Wars-Correct me please if I am wrong  (Read 5201 times)

MrBones

• Knight
    • View Profile
Wars-Correct me please if I am wrong
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:21:35 pm »
  When there are only 3 players that attend a war should the rule be just stand there and not fight so everyone receives a win? In Arena Wars I feel it is not unfair to go in to fight other players THAT IS WHAT WAR IS AND SUPPOSE TO BE. Yes I have done this myself and I know alot have and will continue to do it. If a player goes in fighting and wants to try to kill others even though their is 3 people should be their choice. To call out that player an unfair player for doing so is wrong in my thinking. The player this happened to enjoyed going to war to practice his skills more and become a good fighter. I know some may say well practice can be done at times in the castle where you can practice there. Well this player has chose to go to actual war and fight and took out a guild member. Keep in mind these 3 that entered war was 1 guild member another totally different guild member and the player that chose to actually fight. During the war 1 guild member starting telling him to stop, the guild member that was being actually attacked wasn't saying a word so apparently didn't bother that player. The attacked guild member was killed and did not get a win before time was up. After the win was recorded and the fighter player esc out the other guild member that was left went off on him again about killing IN A WAR ARENA. The guild member even went on to announce him as a unfair player. This made the  non guild member want to quit wars all together because he thought wars were about to actually fight. To  yell at and ridicule another player just because he actually wanted to fight in wars was totally uncalled for taking that fun away from that player who enjoyed going to war.
So whats everyone's opinion here- should players that go to war if only 3 join stand there so everyone takes a win and if 1 decides to fight ridicule that player to want to quit wars???
Iíve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

HowardUK

• Villager
    • View Profile
Re: Wars-Correct me please if I am wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:11:21 pm »
  When there are only 3 players that attend a war should the rule be just stand there and not fight so everyone receives a win? In Arena Wars I feel it is not unfair to go in to fight other players THAT IS WHAT WAR IS AND SUPPOSE TO BE. Yes I have done this myself and I know alot have and will continue to do it. If a player goes in fighting and wants to try to kill others even though their is 3 people should be their choice. To call out that player an unfair player for doing so is wrong in my thinking. The player this happened to enjoyed going to war to practice his skills more and become a good fighter. I know some may say well practice can be done at times in the castle where you can practice there. Well this player has chose to go to actual war and fight and took out a guild member. Keep in mind these 3 that entered war was 1 guild member another totally different guild member and the player that chose to actually fight. During the war 1 guild member starting telling him to stop, the guild member that was being actually attacked wasn't saying a word so apparently didn't bother that player. The attacked guild member was killed and did not get a win before time was up. After the win was recorded and the fighter player esc out the other guild member that was left went off on him again about killing IN A WAR ARENA. The guild member even went on to announce him as a unfair player. This made the  non guild member want to quit wars all together because he thought wars were about to actually fight. To  yell at and ridicule another player just because he actually wanted to fight in wars was totally uncalled for taking that fun away from that player who enjoyed going to war.
So whats everyone's opinion here- should players that go to war if only 3 join stand there so everyone takes a win and if 1 decides to fight ridicule that player to want to quit wars???

Personally I think that the 3 remaining rules should stand!

Take one example -  MT and WK are allied guilds. If one member of both our guilds are still alive and there is one inexperienced or low level player left, killing him will probably put him off going to the arena again! They would also call us bullies if we are maxed level and they are low level - In open war, I know several who won't bother going  to the war now when high level players are participating.

I take your point re the complaint about the unfair comment. There is nothing whatsoever unfair about killing anyone in a war, but with so few live players, there is no real point putting off anyone from going to the arena!

Currently there are only three significant guilds MT, WK and AU - Anyone else has barely one win...

I totally agree that people should learn to fight well in the arena and practice to improve. Sadly there are just not the numbers in the game to make this viable. Therefore in my opinion at present the 3 remaining rule should definitely stand! If it were changed personally it would not worry me at all as my level is maxed and I can fight well enough. However I suspect that it would be of concern to some lower level  players, or ones not in guilds!

When three remain in a war typing prize registers the win anyway. Under the current rules, I can see no real point in all three not just taking the win!

Howie (KnightFire)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:55:11 pm by HowardUK »

Nordicwisdom

• Villager
  • Name is Devin. Call me Nordic or Devin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:24:11 am »
Alright, so since I was there when this whole situation actually occurred, I feel somewhat responsible to make a response here. I will not name any names so as to protect the integrity of the players involved so they can hopefully make up and be friends again in-game. From what I was made to understand is that there was a war in which only 3 participants showed up. This means that NORMALLY people would just stand there until time is up to get the win AND THEN FIGHT if they choose to. BUT YOU MUST KEEP IN MIND that it is in fact a WAR ARENA. In my opinion, I would be very upset if I was killed before getting my arena win if I was in the last three before the time was up, because I am a very competitive person and player and constantly strive to be the best in everything I do. Now if you put yourself in the position of the player who killed the person before the time was up, you should ask two main questions.

1 - Do the players not like each other or do they know each other and are just messing around with each other.

2 - Did the player, or did the player not, ask to fight beforehand and the player that said to STOP ever get attacked

If question 1 is pertinent, then the player saying to stop had no right to call the player out in any way because some problems need to be settled between the people involved WITHOUT outside interference.

If question 2 is pertinent and the player DID ask to fight and it was okay to fight, then there should also be no issues as the players understand what dying before times up means. If the player DID NOT ask before attacking and the player being attacked doesn't say anything then it should be allowed as you shouldn't be going AFK mid war anyways. If the player being attacked does show signs of not wanting to be fight then there should in fact be an issue as this community is small and tight knit. We shouldn't be fighting over petty things like this. We should have more respect for each other. The only other way there should be a problem in this situation is if the player originally saying to was attacked after the first player was killed. Meaning that the player that did the killing was taking out some sort of anger towards these players INTENTIONALLY and should be addressed in some manner.

I know I don't have the final say in the matter and I am only level 116 as of right now when I am making this post mid-grind to level 150, so I don't know as much about the game and the unspoken rules as everybody else does, but if I was the one having to make an executive decision on the matter then this is most likely a good portion of the decision making process I would have taken. I also do in fact know the two players that were involved and I like them both a great deal and want them to make up and be friends again because they both have helped me out a great deal in the game.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you - Genghis Khan

Nordicwisdom

• Villager
  • Name is Devin. Call me Nordic or Devin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 01:51:21 am »
I neglected to address the comment stating that the player that did the killing in the arena was called "unfair" in the GLOBAL CHAT. In my opinion this is the same thing as calling someone a cheater. As being "unfair" is doing something that go against the rules. Cheating is doing something that goes against the rules. Therefore calling someone unfair is basically calling someone a cheater and "hack-u-zations" (accusing someone of hacking) is something that I personally don't take kindly to unless you have hard proof like a recording or picture of them hacking. So, as we like to refrain from cursing in global chat, lets please also take into consideration the feelings of others and refrain from all UNFRIENDLY name calling. If you're clearly joking around and make it known that you're joking, I doubt anybody would have an issue with that, but if you are being serious then myself and others would be upset.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you - Genghis Khan

MrBones

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
Alright, so since I was there when this whole situation actually occurred, I feel somewhat responsible to make a response here. I will not name any names so as to protect the integrity of the players involved so they can hopefully make up and be friends again in-game. From what I was made to understand is that there was a war in which only 3 participants showed up. This means that NORMALLY people would just stand there until time is up to get the win AND THEN FIGHT if they choose to. BUT YOU MUST KEEP IN MIND that it is in fact a WAR ARENA. In my opinion, I would be very upset if I was killed before getting my arena win if I was in the last three before the time was up, because I am a very competitive person and player and constantly strive to be the best in everything I do. Now if you put yourself in the position of the player who killed the person before the time was up, you should ask two main questions.

1 - Do the players not like each other or do they know each other and are just messing around with each other.

2 - Did the player, or did the player not, ask to fight beforehand and the player that said to STOP ever get attacked

If question 1 is pertinent, then the player saying to stop had no right to call the player out in any way because some problems need to be settled between the people involved WITHOUT outside interference.

If question 2 is pertinent and the player DID ask to fight and it was okay to fight, then there should also be no issues as the players understand what dying before times up means. If the player DID NOT ask before attacking and the player being attacked doesn't say anything then it should be allowed as you shouldn't be going AFK mid war anyways. If the player being attacked does show signs of not wanting to be fight then there should in fact be an issue as this community is small and tight knit. We shouldn't be fighting over petty things like this. We should have more respect for each other. The only other way there should be a problem in this situation is if the player originally saying to was attacked after the first player was killed. Meaning that the player that did the killing was taking out some sort of anger towards these players INTENTIONALLY and should be addressed in some manner.

I know I don't have the final say in the matter and I am only level 116 as of right now when I am making this post mid-grind to level 150, so I don't know as much about the game and the unspoken rules as everybody else does, but if I was the one having to make an executive decision on the matter then this is most likely a good portion of the decision making process I would have taken. I also do in fact know the two players that were involved and I like them both a great deal and want them to make up and be friends again because they both have helped me out a great deal in the game.
Your answer is # 1 applied but the players did NOT have anything against one another.  Yes it is WAR and Arena is to be the ONLY  place that is considerate to actual player vs player kills. Thinking through your opinion on this matter I see your point, BUT like I mentioned war is the place to attack. So if you are a competitive person then getting mad over the matter is not real competitive in my eyes to stand and take a win first then fight. Competition is when you try to take out guilds that is in the lead on the leaderboard because your competing to have your guild be in top spot. If there are ONLY 3 players that come to war then all should come there ready to fight and not be asked wanna fight. If you are coming to a war that will be an easy win for all and stand there and wait so everyone can get a win why go to war and compete in war for the ERA Season for your guild. Yes like I said I have done this before myself. Only reason I brought it up is because I see the non-guild member point and agree with why he killed a guild member. Even though this non-guild member wasn't competing for a ERA Season he was still competing to make a mark in war which war SHOULD  be about. I know when playing among friends it is hard at times when your friend is in a different guild and dont want to take him out and want to be considerate. In this case if you are in fact friends then you should realize this is a game and the reason there is a war is cause it like taking a title which is ERA Season guild wins. If your the type that gets mad over a lose then don't go to war, the arena is not the place for you. War is what  WAR should be -take out other players IN FUN not because you dislike the person or have issues with that person, take it in stride (a step or stage in progress toward an aim) if going to war it is a competition in the game. It all just opened my eyes to a new light, this is a game which is played for fun and among a very friendly community. Everyone seems to be friends within the game cause of the community. So getting mad over getting killed in part of a game which is intended  to kill other players as War then just option out don't go to a war. War is part of the game that is still considered in fun with friends, friends that get mad at other friends cause they lose wasn't really a friend at all cause it is a game and does have winners and losers.

I think everyone has lost insight of what is a WAR in this game. First off you have the option to join a guild of your own choice or make one. You also have the option to not join a guild at all. War is intended for players/friends to fight each other in a Arena for either there own win or to help their guild win the Season Era. It is not intended a place for players/friends just to be there and stand until everyone receives a win then fight. The leaderboard is the main reason people go to war, does not matter if your friends are there also and want to be nice and considerate to let others win. What would be competitive about it if you weren't there to make the mark on the leaderboard. It should not matter if you kill your friend  its what your fighting for is what counts the leaderboard for yourself or your guild. This is the purpose of war in the game if you are the type that feels well I want to be nice to all so they be nice to me- well 99% of the players are nice no matter if they get killed in war anyway it's part of the game and IS WAR.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:02:33 pm by MrBones »
Iíve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Gato

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 11:51:43 pm »
 ;D ah war drama rears it's ugly head again! This game has had it's share over the years. 3 men enter...2 men leave is funny to me. All I have to say if someone tries to kill me when only 3 are there they best be ready for death themselves. Ahhh war time approaches!!

Carnage

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
An Arena is for War
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 11:11:39 pm »
It's perhaps mean to kill someone when only 3 players remain in the arena, but it is an arena and a place for war.  If you aren't ready to fight or be killed then it's best not to enter in the first place.  If you have a low level and go to Open War, it's reasonable to expect to be killed.  I liked when there were robots in the arena so that nobody actually got a free win.

Poohstyx

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:20 am »
As far I see the situation, what the 3 players agree to do on any particular occasion is between them and doesn't involve anyone else.  However, this should not mean that any player is required or even expected to agree.

From the game mechanics point of view, isn't this using an exploit to get a free win?