Author Topic: I purchased Atulos Online Premier on Steam but see no difference to the free one  (Read 2576 times)

HowardUK

• Villager
    • View Profile
Hi there:)

I purchased the Premier edition of Atulos Online on Steam earlier this evening. However I cant notice any difference in the game. The Steam payment went through ok and it said that the Premier edition was installed and added today. I am probably making a mistake, but any help would be great, as I am completely new to the game.

I only started playing Atulos Online yesterday with the free edition and found it very enjoyable! Is there something else that I am meant to download? Although Steam says the the premier edition is installed, I don't see any new download since I downloaded the free version! 

I see no way to check if I have the Premier installed or not, or if I am still playing the free one!

I can send further details to Atulos Online admin if that would be helpful like receipts etc, from Steam or Paypal to Steam.

Any reply would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Howard
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:15:21 pm by HowardUK »

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Hi HowardUK. Everything looks right from the screenshot.

Once you get the 2nd Amulet you will be able to enter the Forest and at the back of the Forest is the Palace of Kings. It requires 6 Amulets and the Premier version to enter the Palace of Kings, and this is where your Premier journey will start.

The first area in the Palace of Kings is called the Mercenary Command, where you will be sent on quests that open up the game to new areas and new equipment.

HowardUK

• Villager
    • View Profile
Many thanks for the prompt reply Camm:)

I am able to enter the Palace of Kings now. I wasn't sure where to go initially after being able to access premier content. However your post has cleared this up for me:)

Although early days, I have found many high level noobie friendly players in the game. I am happy to find an online rpg that is not only pay to win. The lifetime charge for the premier version is great value. Hopefully many new players will buy the premier version to support the development team.

Later today I will post a very positive review on Steam for the game from a beginner's viewpoint.

All the best,

Howard

****************************************************************************************************

I just posted my Steam review for Atulos Online. This is what I wrote:-

****************************************************************************************************

Recommended
8.0 hrs last two weeks / 8.0 hrs on record
Posted: 3 May @ 11:26am

Although early days for me playing AO, I have found many high level players in Atulos Online offer good advice and are very noobie friendly. It is great to find an rpg that is not just pay to win. The very modest lifetime charge for the premier version is exceptionally good value. I hope that many new players (and of course existing players), will buy the premier version to support the active development team.

The game is basic 2d. There is an element of grinding that some wont like. Personally I don't mind this at all, as the content and places to visit make it worthwhile. The game download is small. There are a variety of characters that you can create at startup. There are no limitations from what I can see to the number of characters that you can create. I don't believe that there is much difference re character playstyle so just chose which character you like.

There is a pvp element to the game which is also fine. Personally I am not into pvp. However I found that most fights with other players can be avoided. There is not either a world map, or a maps of dungeons. I don't find this an issue, as it means that exploration is encouraged. I believe that this is intentional.

The development team in the forum was very fast to reply to a basic enquiry that I had, which is always encouraging. There is also a guild system in the game. Being a noobie I want to get to know the AO better before joining any guild.

I strongly recommend anyone here to give the game a try...

Happy gaming.

Howard

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:46:09 am by HowardUK »

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Thanks Howard, this is much appreciated  ;D