Author Topic: Guild Times  (Read 2962 times)

MrBones

• Knight
    • View Profile
Guild Times
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »
Hello,
Doing great with the game, keep up the great work enjoy playing and so does Bodaway. Is there anyway you can extend wars throughout the day into the evening? Most weeks with my schedule rotating I work alot more daytime hours by the time I get home wars are done. Just wondering if maybe you can have wars throughout the evening also? I think this will also be a benefit to the new players coming our way. What is the reason behind just having them during the day? Just wondering and hope to see this change in the future.
Thanks
Sincerely
MrBones
Iíve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Aerith

• Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Times
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 09:26:47 am »
Well, having the wars only during the day REALLY depends on where you are located. As far as I remember, the wars are scheduled in such that the first half cover European late afternoon/evening and the second half cover
roughly the same time span in America (Probably East Coast). This goes back to the times, when the major amount of players were located in these areas. So if you are located on the west coast of America, the latest wars are scheduled around 6PM probably.

In the end, it is all a question of the time zones you are in - however, now with the regular bots in war, it might be possible to add further wars without handing out quasi-free wins.

Aerith
There won't be a future unless you leave the past behind.

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:01:31 am »
Steve is currently in the process of finishing the Java version of the program that runs the wars and he has added a configuration file for easily changing the War times.

Steve any thoughts on this issue? In Mr. Bones time zone (Central US), the last war of the day is at 6:30pm.

Aerith

• Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:20:36 pm »
[...]configuration file for easily changing the War times.

Configuration Files - a most awesome idea. How much configuration does this file allow? It would be really nice if you could configure all attributes of a war - including the minions to be added - or even randomize their appearance ;).

Would it be possible to have a selective minion spawning depending on the number of players at the entrance? So if there are just very few players, spawn an additional minion or two.

Aerith

There won't be a future unless you leave the past behind.

Carnage

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 10:36:26 pm »
That sounds like a great idea - although the last war I was in the three minions nearly killed me.  For the higher level wars minions at level 10 are really pointless, so it would be good to change that too.  Winning a war feels much better when you have to work for it!