Author Topic: joining area game freezes  (Read 2524 times)

arrow

• Peasant
    • View Profile
joining area game freezes
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:16 am »
hi all i used to play this game about 8 to 9 years ago and have just came back playing i used to have a premium account...but im having an issue in game any time i move to another area the joining area freezes up for at least 5mins i dont know whats causing this amy help on what might be causing this would be appreciated

Aerith

• Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: joining area game freezes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:48:47 am »
For the first problem with the missing Prem Acc can be easily sorted out by sending a PM to Camm or Steve containing your old char name and its level. If
you are remembered to be a prem member, you'll most likely get a new download link and your character gets ported to the new system. In the ideal case, where you still have a char file, send it to either of them. (In case neither of them can remember you, they'll ask further details).

About the other problem with the freezing, I don't have that much of a clue right now. Does only the game freeze or all of the computer? Does it react on hitting the ESC-key? Does it appear in all of the areas? Does it only take a long time to connect or do the monsters freeze as well? Does it reload the area in roughly the same time intervals (a short flackering on the screen, strange movements of the monsters)?

My first (blind) guess would be some kind of connection troubles - you try to establish the connection to the server but it just takes slightly too long and gets droped. It automatically retries until it succeeds after the n-th try. This issue is rather hard to tackle - big down- or uploads can affect your speed as well as a proxy-server if used. Just in case you didn't change anything at this setup in the last 8 to 9 years, the server was changed and is now located at a completely different place on another continent.

Hopefully, the 2nd problem can get sorted out fast, because it is quite annoying, especially if you want to join wars ;)

Aerith
There won't be a future unless you leave the past behind.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:36:11 am »
Check your private messages for your Premier download link.

If your character isn't on the server, send me any player files you may have I can import them. Email them to steve@atulos.com.

Welcome back!

arrow

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:20:10 am »
hi aerith and steve....i sorted the issue with the freezing....steve my atulos fies where on another comp and thats gone litteraly un fixable...my name was arrow same as now lvl i cant rem 5000 i think i used to be in forest with bunnikins i think that was her name...and silversurfer and many others...i rem when u started back then....sorry for the bad setails as all my atulos info is on the broken comp////

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 12:09:20 pm »
Hi Arrow, I definitely remember you ;D and have found your old file. I have converted and sent it to Steve to be added to the server. It will take around 12 - 24 hours before you can use it. Same name and password.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:14:45 pm by Camm »

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 03:20:41 pm »
Hi Arrow. You already have a far higher level character on the server than the one Camm converted, so I haven't imported it.