Author Topic: Some features i'd really like to see in future updates  (Read 1300 times)

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
Some features i'd really like to see in future updates
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »
So this is a post that has come from mainly myself but has had others add to it when generally talking in game. I think the game would benefit from any (hopefully all) of the features listed in this post. I'm fully aware that some of my suggestion could take a long time to come about, not be possible, or just not wanted in game. Here's my 2 cents anyway.

Okay so first things first, outside the game, but still in game...?

Resolution:
I'd love to be able to play the game in 1920 x 1080. even if it's just i can see more of the map instead of black.
I think this would benefit the game. Not only will new players be able to play in proper full screen, but navigating the mazes will be a little easier as you'll be able to see further.

Enter to log in
Every day I log in, I type my name then tab type my password, then enter. every time I have to manually click the log in button. It's not a massive change, but it would be really nice to be able to enter to log in.

On to in game suggestions (short interlude)

Guild Chat
Having a guild at the moment, for me seems to have very little meaning. If we were able to talk as a guild, we could have maybe more of a faction feeling to the game. You could come up with arena strategies and new boss tactics as a small force. I think this in hand with guild forum pages would work really well.

Crafting
Atulos has a huge variety of monsters, putting crafting in to the game could give them all something to drop. I'm sure a crafting system would go a long way to making more interesting, and it would give characters at cap (when they get there) something to do. Level a skill in crafting. crafting materials and recipes could be obtained from bosses (maybe on a small drop chance to make the item rare) and mission (for the more common recipes).

Trading (Contributed by others)
Trading would give crafters an ideal way to make money/obtain crafted or bought weapons and share recipes. Personally i'd love to see more interaction between players, and I think this is a good way to do it.

Visible hp and Hit markers
Being able to see the enemies hp (and yours) and the damage done means that when you get a new weapon/level you can see that you hit for more, or you take less damage from something. It gives everyone physical numbers to work with, they can see the power increase and will keep them involved with their characters progression.

Further gear progression (Contributed by others(I think))
I've heard a lot about having far more than enough money by the time you buy wrath gear, and a few people have millions of gold to do nothing with. Perhaps adding new weapons in for level 400/450/500 just so there is more progression than just your level. This could tie in nicely with crafting.

Specific Art for Weapons and Armour
I'd live to actually see the weapon i'm holding on my character, and the armor I have to protect myself with. Getting a weapon that looks more epic for each upgrade. - Not sure what you'd do with the reaper and orc skins :P IMO I'd just be happy with that sythe.

Active Combat (Contributed by others)
Having played MMO's with hot keys based combat (WOW, Rift, Guild wars) and more auto combat MMO's (Runescape) I really enjoy combat when it differs from class to class. Having iconic spells for each class really builds character distinction and game immersion.

I'd love to hear feedback on my suggestions, pros and cons. Be it community or Dev feedback. Let me know what you think.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: Some features i'd really like to see in future updates
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:04:42 pm »
These are all excellent suggestions. I think when we get into the area of crafting and trading, it starts to become quite a different game and I think that kind of thing would probably be delayed until a big overhaul of the game. We do want to do a big overhaul and to pay for it we're pinning our hopes largely on having a successful Steam Greenlight campaign. There are some things here we can fairly easily implement before the overhaul and you can be assured that Atulos Online is currently under active development and we are seriously looking at well thought out suggestions such as these and seeing what we can do now vs. what we have to defer until we are better resourced.

As always, keep the suggestions coming!

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: Some features i'd really like to see in future updates
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:18:37 am »
Just added pressing Enter to log in (good idea), along with being able to click on the button, which will be out soon in the next minor update.

Have been working on a new shop with some new items for the next major update, to go with the new areas that Richy is currently working on.

We did actually used to have guild chat, but it wasn't implemented when the world chat channel system came in. The way the chat works was revamped at that time and guild chat seemed to get left out for some reason. Seems reasonable to add it to the new system at some stage  ;)

Floating HP bars above monsters heads was something I did put in the game originally before it was released, but it slowed the game down in areas with lots of monsters, so it got cut.

Crafting can certainly be something we look at for a future big update. It has been something that I have thought about before, but never actually made it into the game.

Some bigger resolution options would be nice, that will happen at some point in the future. When the game launched it was only 800x600, then we updated to a 1024x720 window. The next step will be either a 16:10 or 16:9 ratio.

Thanks for the suggestions  ;D

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:22:43 am by Camm »