Author Topic: Atulos Wiki  (Read 5310 times)

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
Atulos Wiki
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:31:53 am »
Hey Guys,

I've been playing a load since i got Atu'los working again.

I've been thinking, I'd really like to see an Atu'los Wiki, I think having something that would allow us to see physical stats on Weapons/ Armour. Character base stats and possibly information on the missions. Obviously there's a lot of work that would have to be put in to that. but i think that as it would be a wiki page it could be  filled out by anyone.

That said if people thinks it's a good idea, with the information and all but not too sure about it being a wiki page, i could always possibly be a threat else where on the forum.

Let me know what you guys think, i can't imagine it'll be a fast thing to put together if people like the idea and we're able to get it off the ground.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:20:48 am by Camm »

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: Atu'los Wiki
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:29:31 pm »
I have certainly been getting feedback about the need for things like a wiki, walk-through, dungeon maps, shop guide etc.
It is something that I leave to the players to co-ordinate and create. In the past there have been some great sites and guides, but it has been a while since anything like that has been around.

Angelus

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 10:26:45 pm »
I suppose thats the nice tging about the wiki site;
Anyone can contribute

if you want my advice. ... talk nice to richy lol
If you are able to lay down without holding on.... then you are most likely sober :)

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:35:39 am »
Yeah it's not something I'd like to include on the website. If people want spoilers, they can go and look for them. We're not going to shove spoilers in anyone's face! Fan sites and pages are always encouraged, so go for it.

Angelus

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »
you know when I think of it,
that's why we had guild forum pages,
every guild had there own secrets and tips/Hints,
that was the nice thing about it - Bring back the Guilds :) :)
If you are able to lay down without holding on.... then you are most likely sober :)

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 08:01:25 pm »
Duly noted. The new website won't have this initially, but it will be the basis for building out a number of new features, such as a new, more integrated forum at which point I can look at implementing guild spaces. At that time, web and game accounts will be integrated and that will allow for automatic access to guild spaces.

Angelus

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:18:19 pm »
Duly noted. The new website won't have this initially, but it will be the basis for building out a number of new features, such as a new, more integrated forum at which point I can look at implementing guild spaces. At that time, web and game accounts will be integrated and that will allow for automatic access to guild spaces.

that's sounds bloody awesome :)

DesertSage

• Villager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 01:25:58 pm »
Why would we want to make every guild build their own wiki? That is writing the same chapter of a book 10 or more times. I am building my own wiki on my desk-top, but it could have been here and helped all of the players. A good wiki is not cheating, but supplies information every player needs. It should have been part of the main website since the first days of the game. There is also information not to be found in the game such as the order of weapons and armor, how strong they are and where to buy them. To learn some of that has been a slow journey from one shop or blacksmith to the next, but even then I only have name, price and location!

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: Atulos Wiki
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 08:23:30 am »
I am building my own wiki on my desk-top

Have you thought about putting your wiki online?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:26:15 am by Camm »

DesertSage

• Villager
    • View Profile
Re: Atulos Wiki
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 08:46:30 am »
Where should we go to post such a wiki on-line? I use WikidPad on my PC, but everyone would have to have the same software, so what wiki works for everyone? It is no problem to rewrite it, in a way it would serve as an Atu'los manual which seems to be missing on the game's main page. Now I tell new people to go to this forum and look for the help that has already been posted here. I don't know everything, others need to be able to fill in the holes.