Author Topic: [SOLVED Avast Anti-Virus] Update 2.6 Doesn't load  (Read 4544 times)

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
[SOLVED Avast Anti-Virus] Update 2.6 Doesn't load
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:48:47 am »
Hey all,

So I tried loading atu'los this morning after getting an email about update 2.6. I ran the launcher and the game updated. I clicked play and the application started however when I clicked it on the task bar it wouldn't open. I'm currently running windows 10. And I tried running in native mode and auto graphic settings. Anyone able to suggest any thing that might help? I didn't get a chance to mess about with running it in different setting or compatabilities before going to work.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:26:36 pm by Camm »

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
Re: Update 2.6 Doesn't load.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:05:13 am »
Thanks for the feedback Gav. Some info:

The first thing that I would try is clicking on Reset Updater. This will download a fresh copy of the latest version of the game, to rule out any problem with the download.

Native mode defaults to DirectX 9, which is included in the Windows Update for Win10, so check that Windows Update is current. You can also try updating your video driver.

If everything is up to date and it still doesn't work you can try the High End option which runs in software mode and doesn't use DirectX.

Low End, is for older machines and uses DirectX 7.

Let us know how it goes  ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:10:36 am by Camm »

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 03:41:07 pm »
So i may have managed to lose my atu'los folder while trying to update. (I uninstalled to get a fresh start) it seems to also have deleted the .exe file, so it's gone now... I'd paid for the premium download i'm not sure if there is a way to recover that :S so i'vejust downloaded the free version for the time being. any suggestions? i'm working on getting to to work atm.

**Update**
On clicking start the launcher stops responding, I've tried running as administrator as well as compatibility with Windows 7, XP (SP3) and Vista (with no SP and SP2).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:53:38 pm by gav »

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:23:07 pm »
Thanks for the detailed error report. Camm mentioned this to me and that he has resolved this for you to the point you can play Premier again. Please let me know if you still have any issues.

A new updater is quite high up on our to do list, hopefully to be released with the 2.7 or 2.8 update, depending on when those updates are released. I have noticed an occasional issue where the updater will indeed freeze, but I haven't yet put in the time to diagnose this bug and come up with a solution. What I found works is simply killing the updater in Task Manager, restarting it and, if necessary, clicking Reset to re-download the latest version.

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:36:02 pm »
He provided me with a download link, but i'm still having problems getting past the launcher. It's still freezing on clicking the start button.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 11:05:31 pm »
The launcher freezes before it launches the game?

From memory (I'll check later), you can get to the game directly via the %APPDATA%\AtulosPremier folder, or something like that (might be %LOCALAPPDATA%\AtulosPremier). The game executable is csao.exe.

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 04:05:40 am »
Hi Gav I have sent you another private message.

The launcher installs the game here:

C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Local\AtulosPremier\csao.exe

Where "User" is the name of the user (for the computer, not the game). So for example on my machine it is found at:

C:\Users\camm\AppData\Local\AtulosPremier\csao.exe

You can bypass the launcher by running csao.exe, which will start the game directly.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:11:08 am by Camm »

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 09:20:21 am »
%LOCALAPPDATA%\AtulosPremier\csao.exe

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »
So I tried the csao.exe directly from the folder and the download camm provided, neither went anywhere.
I ran the compatibility troubleshooter and it's saying it's an Incompatible Program.

Not sure if that helps at all but i'll update this post if i think i find anything that might help.

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 05:09:06 pm »
Well at least that rules out the launcher/updater. I have sent you another private message with a new test version to try.

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 05:18:17 pm »
I've just downloaded that and it still did nothing, tried the compatibility trouble shooter again and it says the new version you just sent to me incompatible too.

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »
Seems weird that it won't even fire up. Are you sure Windows Update is up to date?

Gav

• Knight
    • View Profile
    • My character sheet
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 05:35:30 pm »
So when i checked yesterday there wasn't but today there is... i'll update to that and see where it gets me.  :-\ i'm hoping it works but it's a pain have it tell me it's fine, then tell me theres a new update.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 04:22:48 am »
These are the checksums I have for Premier csao.exe:

MD5: d5a06819a117cfe7bc351ddae591aa81
SHA-1: 76de407d9a9cafd49efc1adcbaccf710a47082b2

You can check this using the HashCheck shell extension or any other software capable of generating MD5 and SHA-1 hashes. If your MD5 and/or SHA-1 don't match the above, then you have a corrupted csao.exe.

Hopefully we can have that TeamViewer session soon and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Camm

• Global Moderator
  • Lord of Atulos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 06:07:46 pm »
We managed to solve the issue, it turned out to be the anti-virus software Avast, preventing csao.exe from running.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:46:46 pm by Camm »